Monday, January 25, 2010

Awkwardness Squared

Apparently I have some interesting Auras. Like this one that I thought I hid pretty well, but I guess I don't. It's were I don't really say what I'm thinking. I give one word replies but the receiver knows I'm thinking much more but I'm not enlightening them. This is important to know for this story.
It just so happens that this Oliver kid is also in my FHE group. I know, I get all the luck. So Becca and I go to his apartment (that's where they always are), we were one minute late but the first ones there. They have three couches: a two seater, a three seater, and a love sack. I followed Becca to the three seater,but she didn't immediately sit down, so I sat in the middle to leave her room. Bradford (Oliver's roommate) sat on the other side of me, and I was okay with that. But he got up without my noticing, and Oliver took his seat. Becca then went and sat on the two seater with one of my "sisters" and this other girl sat to the right of me. Very slowly, and without detection (I hoped) I moved to sit closer to the girl. By the end of the lesson, Oliver was taking up one and a half of the three cushions and I was in the protection mode with my arms and legs crossed. I barely talked to him, but I really didn't talk to anyone there.

When Becca and I got home, she gave me her observation on that whole show. Her first sentence, " You really made Oliver uncomfortable tonight". I asked how I did this, because as I've already wrote, I'm dense and oblivious to people's attitudes. Apparently, I never looked at him, I didn't talk to him, and I guess there was even a look I gave, but I don't remember that, oh and my body language did a ton of talking. And here are my rebuttals. He was sitting right next to me so it would be kinda weird to stare at him. So I just didn't bother looking his way. The talking wasn't just my fault it's not like he tried to start a conversation with me... and the look I guess was from me to Becca, and he intercepted because Becca smirked, but once again I don't remember this "look". The body language I have no excuse, that one is pretty true. Over all, I guess he's trying because I'm rejecting him. Sorta like a challenge. (It's official, I've got several accounts that men like challenges. That's why Spencer, the most recent boy that was interested in me, liked me. It's because I didn't fall for him immediately. I was a challenge. Lame, but I'm glad I didn't go for him). Anyway, I'm sure there will be more posts on this issue, but hopefully not too soon.

1 comment:

  1. We will look forward to the wedding announcement soon. Oliver and Dana. That sounds good. It is in the cards, in the stars and for sure, in your near future. Believe me. This whole story sounds so familiar.

    ReplyDelete