Saturday, January 9, 2010

Leoma Cheek Gibson

A wonderful and brilliant child of God, and my name sake.

Many family calls have come across my phone, and mostly since thursday. For a year, her sickness took over her life. And those are the memories that I mostly have of her. Both Jeff and Kristy called me today to see how I am doing (since I'm the only one that doesn't have a shoulder to cry on). And truthfully, I haven't shed a tear. I'm the second youngest grandchild, so I did not really know Grandma when she was young and spry. I find this as a blessing or a relief. But if I didn't have the Gospel in my life, maybe I would be bawling and wailing. To think that this is the only life. It's too full of ugliness and tragedies to be the only one. And I'm grateful that I know there is "heaven". We are told that after we die, we will have a perfect body. This morning, I wondered what Grandma's perfect body looks like. And I knew she was happy.

Thanks Janessa. I stole this picture from your blog. I don't have pictures of Grandma. My only regret, is that I might not be able to make it home for the funeral. And I dislike how people say that's okay...

1 comment: