Saturday, January 9, 2010

The joy of a hexigonal patterned ball

Last night, we played our first intramural (intra or inter? I don't know) indoor soccer game. And let me tell you, I ABSOLUTLY LOVE SOCCER! I don't know how I survived almost 2 years without it. The thill of an opponent, the precision of the kicking, and when you are within shot, the adrenilin that is created to keep your head when it's just you and the goalie. Wow. I missed it. However, you might be thinking that I scored. I didn't. But I did have one shot on goal, but I hit that pesky left post... Darn that post. I think it should of pulled a Robin Hood move and jumped (to the left) so I could have scored. But it didn't and frustratingly enough, we tied. They deserved to tie, we let our guard down the last five minutes, and they got in three more scores...It was rather annoying. But not to boast or anything...they did not score while I was playing ;).
Alright this is the section that I'm going to rant. I don't want to do it in front of the other players, but I believe I'm better than average at playing soccer. So I am a starting player, along with several if not most of the better players on the team. This is how we got our five points, during the first 10 minutes of every half. (each half was 20 minutes long, so over al 40 minutes long. Not long enough...) So at roughly ten minutes into the half the second wave would switch us. The defence is not as strong so more unfriendlys would make it through for a kill shot. And I'm on the sideline jumping up and down wanting, no dieing to go back in, but being denied. I know this is intra(ter)mural, and everyone wants to play and deserve to play, but I want to be selfish and play all 40 minutes. In high school, I was used to 40 minute halfs and playing most if not all those 80 minutes. So this is killing me! And this is why I'm venting through typing and not through virbal ways. I don't want to hurt anyones feelings. and everyone wants to play. So I'll put my selfish side to the side(haha) and be glad for the time that I get.
The final score was 5-5. But I think the wronged us. One of the opposing girls took a shot on our fabulous goalie, and he easily blocked it, but then the goal box was kinda crowded and our boy defender tried to kick it out, but instead of going foward, it went backward and into the goal. And you know what they recorded it as? 2 points because the girl kicked it at Moroni first... Now that, is really annoying. So I think we won with 5-4. I don't care what that stupid scoreboard said.

No comments:

Post a Comment