Saturday, April 3, 2010

Humpty Dumpty

Easter, there are many traditions that are practiced during this season. Growing up we always dyed eggs, had baskets full of chocolate and toys, ate ham and jello eggs. Since this is my first Easter away from home, I am missing all the little things that were usually expected. However, I am trying to coupe. Yesterday, I went and bought 4 dozen eggs, and after today's afternoon General Conference, I and my roommates will be dyeing them all.
However, last night after watching Fantastic Mr. Fox, I needed to boil them all since I was going to be busy all morning. It was late and after I got through 3 dozen of them, I started putting the last dozen in, when physics took hold and two, sadly did not make it through the night. I, however, did not take this superb picture, but my friend, Ben got down on the floor to take them. He is a man of hidden talents. Just like earlier that night when I was getting out a bigger pot, they were stacked pretty strangely and as since I am not an octopus and don't have eight arms, it was a little difficult to manage all the pots. Ben offered to help and as he was lifting out the desired pot, the three glass lids shifted, and two fell. I caught one between my forearm and the shelving unit, and with my superior soccer skills tried to catch the other with my foot, to lessen the blow when it hit the ground. No such luck. with a huge clang the lid hit the floor. Luckily, it did not break nor wake up the sleeping bears(my roommates), but it seems to me that last night I was at the top of my graceful game.
I really am too dainty.

1 comment: