Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Shoe Date Part 4

Saturday night finally came and I was pacing waiting for my mystery man to show up. I'm sure my roommate was laughing at me because I was so anxious. at 6:01, which was too late for my taste, there was a knock and low and behold it was Dustin the Canadian. He's a sweet kid, but I knew that my date would be because of the service he provided. (One of his talents is jump roping. He can even do it on his butt and while laying down. Pretty cool huh!) After a couple minutes of small talk we went down to Kayla's and Kim's apartment to eat dinner. Easton and Aaron had those two girls so it was pretty well matched. Earlier that week Kayla showed all of us a youtube clip of "Man verses Food" were he puts strawberry jelly on a toasted hot dog bun. then "grills"/steams the hot dog in chicken broth and then puts Swiss cheese on the dog. Finally you put the hot dog on the jellied bun and enjoy. You may knock it, but you just haven't tried it. It's the best thing ever since sliced bread...okay maybe not that great but it's definitely one of my favorites now.
We then met up with my roommate and her date and drove to Color Me Mine. Originally, this was not our plan, however because my two roommates that have fiances dropped out, my roommate was left by herself at last minute, so we jumped in. I swear it took about 15-20 minutes to decide the pottery that I was going to paint. It was just so cramped and had too many choices. Luckily, Dustin wasn't too fast at choosing either. I wanted to do a cookie jar, but those things costed 30-50 bucks! What? Do I look like I'm made of money!? So I settled on a square plate that's on pedestals...which turns out to be a sushi plate. No, I will not use mine for sushi. We finally sat down at 7:50 and talked and laughed for another 3 hours till closing time which is when almost everyone was finished with their art work. I was rather pleased with my creation. I just prayed that it would turn out as well as I hoped.
We then brought them back for some dirt and worms, which I had just enough to cover all eight of us. We talked and laughed and joked till it was curfew, where we then shooed them out the door.
Over all, it was a really fun date. But apparently the men in my car prefer holding the reins on dates rather than sitting in the sidecar. And I'm okay with that. I like not having the responsibly of making fun ideas and making sure that the other side is enjoying it too...well to some degree.
Thursday rolled around, and we girls drove over and picked up our creations. I think mine turned out really well. It's like having a piece of home here in Utah. Though, I should have put more Creosote bushes or teddy bear cholla in it. Oh well. I still love it. And I need to get a picture of Kayla's it's sweet!

5 comments:

  1. thank you for the closure! I was getting antsy waiting to hear about your date! Glad it went well. Love you girl!

    p.s. That playe is TOTALLY awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But the question is...wait for it....you know it's coming....But did you kiss?

    The plate is awesome. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to disappoint you Marja, but no, we did not kiss. It wasn't even a long hug. One of these days it will be the right time. But that time has not presented itself yet.
    I'm glad you have closure now kate,I still have tons to write, though I don't have time to do so. It appears that you and Marja are the only ones that read my blog... sad day, but at least you two read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nah, you'd be surprised at how many people read blogs but don't comment. I just always have something to say! Pretty sad of me actually..

    ReplyDelete
  5. No. I'd prefer you comment all the time rather than not at all. It assures me that my time isn't wasted writing things that no one will ever read.

    ReplyDelete