Friday, February 11, 2011

Those that have the desire to serve God, are called to do the work.

My papers went in this last Monday (February 7). I am supposed to know where I will be serving in about a week and a half or in just six days. It is highly doubtful that I will be able to get my application in the stack that the General Authorities will go through today, but there is still a chance. My Stake President said that I could call him on Monday so he can check on what my application is doing (whether it is in transit (Mail) or still needs to be decided). So I'm elated! I can't wait to find out where I will be for the next year and a half. I wrote that I'm available half way through May...
I've been spreading the word up here at BYU to all my friends/acquaintances. One of the most annoying questions that has been brought up about 97% of the time is "So where do you want to go?" I hate this question. I want to go where the Lord sends me, not somewhere that is pretty or has nice weather. If my call sends me to Mongolia (The most extreme place on Earth in my opinion; both hot and cold) then I will love that country. Sure, going somewhere like Hawaii, would be fun, but I want to focus more on spreading the word than looking out at the ocean. I've always wanted to travel (In America and out). I looked into the Young Ambassadors program that was going to China. I always looked through the study abroad catalog that my Mother (a HS teacher) would get in the mail. I'd plan out my trips, to sight see, to experience, to be cultured. One of these days, I will go, but not in the next two years. And so, please do not ask me where I want or don't want to go. You will get a sarcastic comment back if you do.
With that said, Where do you think I will go? I do not have any language experience except English and I do not currently have a passport.

No comments:

Post a Comment