Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Make-Up

Yesterday, I went running with K----, and it was the usual route that took us by the tennis courts and through the Fieldhouse. Turning a corner, I saw ice on the ground, and thought I should say something, but it was a big section (about 3 feet) so how could my partner miss it. Well we cross and mid-ice patch, I see her legs go one way and her arms and torso go the other way. And of course me being unsympathetic start laughing. Hard. No, I didn't ask her if she was okay(I mean I knew she wasn't, she slipped hard on ice), I didn't ask her if I could help her up, I just laughed. I'm a terrible friend. Or maybe it's more like I felt empathy for her, and in her situation I would just be lying on the cold cement laughing my head off, even if I was in terrible pain. What a pair we make, her slipping daintily on ice, and me tripping gracefully on air. I can't wait for short weather, so we can show off our beautiful black and purple legs.
Later that run, we started imagining what her leg was going to look like. See, my outlook on life is if there is a story behind the cut/bruise, then it deserves to be shown off (especially to men, to show how tough we are, that and they really appreciate the grotesqueness of it all). But by the time shorts come into season, our bruises will be gone. So why not use every resource within our grasps and use make-up!? I mean, can't you just see it, girls putting black and purple eyeshadow (nonglittery of course) on their legs and arms. And why stop there, why not use crutches and tourniquets? My dad used a dead Cottonwood branch to catch my moms attention, then I'll just use make-up bruises to catch mine(as long as I don't whine, but that will be easy since they'll be fake). Besides men like to feel like the knight in shining armour, so I'll just give them the option of being mine and opening my door.

3 comments:

  1. Speaking of bruises, I think mine is morphing its color beautifully for this Sunday. I can't wear tights over it. I tried this week, and it stuck to the scab. Yum. But with my luck, it will be healed by then. Oh well, at least I still have the scab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! Oliver will kiss them better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you'd be able to tell which boys were worth your time. If they help a girl on crutches, they're a keeper!

    ReplyDelete