Sunday, July 19, 2009

True Gibson

For Family Home Evening this past Monday, our "family" combined with others and we played Ultimate Frisbee. I wasn't doing too well: My throwing needs help and they always seemed to think I was either taller than I really was or I run fast, either way they always out threw me. So when I was getting desperate, the frisbee was just out of reach, instinct kicked in and I threw myself towards that plastic disk. When I hit the ground, it wasn't to nice to me, I came away with bruises and scratches. The worst one is on my elbow, and I bruised my right ribs pretty badly. For those of you not showing pity but wondering if I attained my goal of catching the blasted thing. For your information, I did. However, the ground had no mercy and knocked it out of my hand during the landing. So yes I did catch it, but no I was not able to play it.
I continued playing since there was no gushing blood, and helped score the winning touchdown. All in all, my side won, and I even understand that some of the guys on the opposing team were in awe of my fantastic dive. So all in all, it was a very good game. The right is right after it happened and the Left is a week old. It will probably leave a nice scar.

No comments:

Post a Comment